The Nalco Water 3D Trasar™ Technology
A trusted partner at more than one million customer locations, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services that protect people and vital resources. With 2016 sales of $13.5 billion and 48,000 associates, Ecolab delivers comprehensive solutions and on-site service to promote safe food, maintain clean environments, optimize water and energy use and improve operational efficiencies for customers in the food, healthcare, energy, hospitality and industrial markets in more than 170 countries around the world.
Sustainability is key for Ecolab that, through its divisions, helps companies rethink operations and business strategies to reduce use of natural resources and ensure long-term viability.
The Ecolab’s Nalco Water Division offers total water management solutions that help companies operate more efficiently and increase productivity by minimizing water use, maximizing performance and optimizing costs. The business serves many industries, from primary metals, mining, paper, manufacturing (e.g. automotive, plastics and microelectronics), food processing and power generation to hotels, restaurants and hospitals.
Water is in fact an essential element for any process in the heavy or light manufacturing industries. As a global leader with deep knowledge and a broad range of technologies, Nalco Water helps customers manage water better through conservation, reuse and recycling. This helps customers achieve their goals and preserve natural resources while making their systems perform more efficiently. Ecolab offers solutions to provide customers with both environmental and economic benefits.
The Nalco Water 3D TRASAR Technology is a total water management solution. It helps customers to improve their industrial processes by improving the level of control over the plant operations while improving the use of natural resources.
Customers often focus on the area of water consumption, water being the most precious resource for their production cycle and being water systems crucial for other plant processes. The 3D TRASAR Technology is designed to monitor key performance parameters and optimize water management through customized solutions.
The 3D TRASAR Technology ensures that systems are constantly protected by quickly detecting and resolving problems even from remotely.
The 3D TRASAR Technology utilizes real-time monitoring, patented control technology, proprietary chemistry and 24/7 information management capabilities to detect, determine and deliver improved scale, corrosion and microbiological performance to any systems.
The 3D TRASAR program detects system variations, then determines and delivers the correct program dosage. The data are accessible on the web and include easy reporting capabilities to provide real-time information at fingertips from everywhere.
The Nalco Water Cooling Water for cooling and boiler water, for DAF, membrane, CIP and solid technology allow customers to get accurate, actionable data in real time.
The main benefits of the technology are:
- Continuous 24/7/365 online system monitoring to ensure targeted performance. Micro-biological activity is continuously measured. Conductivity, pH, turbidity, flow rates, corrosion, scaling potential and more are continuously monitored and reported in real time. Up to 84 measurements and calculations are performed every 6 seconds to prevent problems before they affect operations. 36.000 systems are already installed in 123 countries resulting in 27 billion data points transmitting 5 TB data per year.
- Execution of a proper response so chemistry is automatically dosed and fed into the system. The Nalco Water proprietary tagged polymer technologies allow the controller to deliver instant intelligence on chemistry concentrations and feed. When any key parameter moves beyond strategy limits defined for each, the controller instantly responds.
- Connectivity: data can be seen on any web-enabled device. The engineers at the System Assurance Center have their eyes on the customer’s system 24/7/365 to monitor system status and alert and advise about any potential stress control issues.
- Safety: standard procedure, less or no manual handling and secure data transfer.
- The technology provides water and energy savings, reduced operational costs, and a smaller environmental footprint. The major community impact in 2016 were 611Mm3 water saved, equivalent to 75% of EU drinking water; 3,2 billion Kwh energy savings, equivalent to the need of 150.000 people; 23,5 million Kgs of waste, equivalent to the waste for 55.000 people and a reduction in cost for over 500 million dollars, producing a EROI of over 15%.